In general, Botox injections are a great way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and regain a smoother, more youthful look. But how long do the results last? On average, Botox lasts three to six months, and there are a number of factors that can influence this duration. Our renowned plastic surgeon in Raleigh, Dr. Ortiz, shares tips on how to maximize your Botox results and maintain a more youthful appearance for as long as possible.
The body continues to produce new neurotransmitters, so the “blocking” effects of Botox injection will eventually disappear. In general terms, Botox injections in the forehead last approximately 4 months. However, the specific duration of treatment depends on the specific dose, your tolerance to the product, the level of exercise, and other factors. To help you maximize your Botox results and make them last longer, here are some tips from Dr.
- Choose an experienced provider: It is important to choose an experienced provider who can accurately assess your goals and determine if Botox is right for you.
- Reduce stress levels: Constantly high stress levels can cause the body to break down Botox more quickly and speed up the aging process.
- Inject a total of 20 units: According to Allergan, Botox producers, professionals should inject a total of 20 units into 5 strategically chosen areas around the forehead for optimal results.
- Protect your skin from sun damage: Sun damage causes an inflammatory response within cells that can also break down Botox, reducing its effectiveness and minimizing its lifespan.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the area: Rubbing or massaging the area where you have received Botox injections can cause it to spread to other areas and reduce its effectiveness.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly can help keep your skin looking younger for longer.